Thursday, November 03, 2005

Souper Bowl Season


Oh, tis the best time of the year. Soup season. I made my first public round last night for a meeting in my living room. Something new, an Algerian soup called Boukhtouf (Any Algerians in the house? Hope I didn't screw it up.) Off to a good start. Yummy sounds all around the room. I feel about soup the way Rodney at Dangerously Delicious feels about pie. He feels pretty strongly about soup too, but he's has to represent for the pie people. I would love to spend months traveling the country, poking into Grandmothers' kitchens, absorbing soup wisdom. Everybody around the world has soup. I don't think there's a culture without it. So now that I can't drink for the next few months (I'm taking medicine that does a job on my liver) perhaps I will start hanging around Belvedere Square and become the Cliff for Atwater's soup bar. Anyone want to be my Norm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home