Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Popping out of my hole

This is so strange. As I wrote to someone in an e-mail not long ago, I remember having the internet described to me in my dorm lounge sometime in 1993 as this mystical electronic portal where I could find out information on things like the weather and recipes for oatmeal cookies. So now in 2005 shortly after firing up my Mac, checking my unfortunately low bank account balance, reading some fringe political media and downloading pictures of Bill Monroe and Mr. Rogers, I'm officially opening my blog door and turning on the neon open sign. I've never been able to dedicate myself to writing a journal. Why? Never seemed to have a purpose, and I was always worried that I would write something that I couldn't imagine historians looking at some day. Maybe with an audience I'll think a little more about what I'm tossing over the fence. Hope reading this blog after posting doesn't feel like walking out of the shower and realizing the curtain on the window is open. I already feel a little exposed. Time to get a bathrobe. Here I go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home