Thursday, January 05, 2006

Hawaii Might Be Wasted On Me

I have wondered whether despite its claim to the title of paradise, Hawaii is quite the perfect vacation destination for me. After several days over the holidays with my family of perfect weather, rainbows and sunsets from off the side of a 1970's van, I still may have proven through my behavior that Hawaii is wasted on me, and I should take my pastey skin elsewhere:

Time spent on the beach: 30-45 minutes
Time spent mountain biking: About 10 hours
Feet climbed on bike to top of mountain with view of "Grand Canyon of Hawaii", 62 degree air temperature and rain: 3500 feet
Time spent riding bike to a much heard about taco stand: 2 hours
Time spent hanging out with a bluegrass fiddler on a street corner: 1 hour
Pictures taken of a ranch and cattle: About a dozen

Based on these calculations, my ideal vacation spot is somehwere in New Mexico or maybe Guatemala combined with the promise of ubiquitous fresh sushi and humpback whale sightings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home